PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6-max zoom. Max value flopping a boat - Was that question at PSO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6-max zoom. Max value flopping a boat - Was that question at PSO?

Hi,

In the twitter world I saw the question along the lines of - getting value when you flop a boat. It may be here on PSO somewhere?

My example is open raise, call the donk, check the turn and wow a 10c river bet.

Hummm raise to 25c and may get a call? No I bet more >>I'm bluffing you<<.

Betting the turn or even earlier raising the flop donk has no value?

So with a river bet of 10c should I have just gone for 15c more?

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Apr 06, 2013, 05:32 AM.

Hey Forrest

Definitely a few ways to go here. I like betting the turn small, like 0.40. This is going to do a few things

1) make the pot bigger on the river = bigger river bet
    2) keep in his one pair hands and gutshots like KQ KT QT.
    3) allow him to still raise with AX

I think getting money in the pot at this stage is still important. If he has a 68s type hand we aren't going to get paid anyways so we can just forget about planning versus that. Instead we should focus on getting paid by those pair or gutshot hands now. Then on the river we should make a bigger bet trying to get paid by JX or better.

This kind of hand is all about targeting a range of hands by which to be paid and which size is going to pay that!

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.