PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL - Flop decision with Aces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL - Flop decision with Aces

Villain 17/12/1 (105 Hands) Call? Raise? Fold?

Hey geo,

since villain's raise is so big I don't think he is folding to a shove so folding or shoving would be the decision for me. First off, on this kind of dry boardtexture I would proceed with a much smaller c-bet size like 1,20-1,40. You could also consider checking this flop from time to time. This gives people more room to continue with worse and us to not get stuck with commitment issues too much.

I am not a huge proponent of b/f overpairs for 100bb effective stacks in 3bet or squeezed pots since people do tend to stick their money in much lighter as soon as pots get big, but his line looks really strong especially given that you squeezed and bet into two callers. Since you block the Nutflushdraw it's tough for him to show up with a lot of drawing hand combinations and it's kind of unlikely that he plays AJ like this - I'd probably be strongly inclined to fold looking at villain's tight stats.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.