PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL - facing 4bet with QQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL - facing 4bet with QQ

CO 18/13/1 (144 Hands)
    Steal 32%
    Fold to 3bet 50%

CO seems like a good candidate to 3bet for value with a wider range

But now the BB who is playing 14/10/inf over just 30 hands comes over the top. Is this a call? shove? fold?

NL Holdem $0.05(BB)
    Hero ($5.45)
    BB ($5)
    UTG ($7.06)
    UTG+1 ($5.07)
    CO ($2.60)
    BTN ($10.02)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, BB raises to $1.55,

First things first, a cold 4-bet at these stakes is almost always a value raise with QQ+ and AK, especially when it's a solid player (not a LAG/maniac), as squeezing light just doesn't happen.
    It's also a 3X 4-bet, which means villain is committing to stack off on good flops. You clearly don't have the right odds to go set-mining, as you need to call a dollar, with a maximum profit of $5.70 (pot after your raise + villain's stack). So implied odds of about 6:1 rule set-mining out.

So it's shove or fold. If you shove, villain is always calling. The final pot will be 15c + 50c + $5 + $4.50 = $10.15 and your shove is an additional $4.50. So the equity you require is 4.50/10.15 = 44%.
    How does QQ fare against QQ+/AK? It has 40% equity.
    Since you need more than 45% equity to get it in here, it's a fold.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

The fact that cutoff will have a very good hand a small percentage of the time and not fold to your 4-bet shove only makes the situation worse as well.

Comment

Thanks Arty! I did the right decision there then

Originally posted by RockerguyAA View Post
        The fact that cutoff will have a very good hand a small percentage of the time and not fold to your 4-bet shove only makes the situation worse as well.
        The CO was the initial raiser, so I get to see his action after BB 4bets.

Comment

Originally posted by geoVARTA View Post
          Thanks Arty! I did the right decision there then

The CO was the initial raiser, so I get to see his action after BB 4bets.
          Oh oops. I think I got confused on the positions haha.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.