PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL - min 4bet 160bb effective stack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL - min 4bet 160bb effective stack

I can't get the hand into the replayer since this is coming from FTP Rush table and I'd like to get some insight on this hand.

I only have 25 hands on the villain; he is playing 44/36/inf

NL Holdem $0.05(BB)
    Hero ($8.24)
    BB ($5.90)
    UTG ($3.03)
    UTG+1 ($3.63)
    CO ($5.83)
    BTN ($7.29)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:spade:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.60, Hero calls $0.70

FLOP ($3.30) 2:heart: K:spade: 5:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $3, Hero folds

His pre-flop sizing is kind of on the big side I think. Typically, I would expect someone to raise a limper to something like $0.2. Do you think a flat would have been a better play, perhaps not to over bloat the pot OOP with deepstacks? and also maybe to price the limper in?

In the heat of the moment, I 3bet and he clicks it back.

I like how you played the hand. I think 3betting for value would be my standard play here preflop most of the time as long as I don't think there is more to be gained from flatting and dragging the limper into the pot. Folding Flop seems reasonable without any reads as does flatting the small 4bet preflop with those deeper stacksizes and the price you are given. For 100bb effective stacks I would mostly shove here from OOP though.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.