PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i have called ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i have called ?

With no reads or info, safe to assume his extreme bet size correlates to an extremely strong hand. So no...

Comment

I've been known to make occasional "information calls" of 15bb on the river, when I'm happy to pay to get a read on a villain when he's taken a weird line. I've not been known to call off 100bb to find out if villain was fooling around, mis-clicked, or has me crushed.
      If this is the first time villain has shoved, I'm turbo-mucking, while laughing a bit about his bad play. I might write "nice value bet" in the chat box just for lolz.

Actually, even against an average maniac that's shoved 3 hands in a row I'm folding TT here. TT is so easily beaten in a race that it's just not worth the gamble. (TT vs top 10% of hands is basically a flip). Why take blind pre-flop coinflips when you (presumably) have superior post-flop skills? Pick a better spot to get your money in, when you're more certain on villain's range.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

[Dupe post]
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.