PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6 Max TP Typical Spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6 Max TP Typical Spot

V4's a limper, less than 10 hands with him, basically an unknown. So we cbet twice for value from A9, A8, A6 and perhaps mid PPs. Villain fires a value bet OTR. This is one of the recurring spots. Sometimes when Villain's bet sizing is small, it's a weak hand. When it's like 2/3 pot or more, they probably have the goods. As played, I input a range of { TT, 44, A6s+, A6o+ } for him and we're 44% underdog. We're getting good odds of 2.7:1 (27%) to call. Should we? Or is it safer to assume that weaker Ax hands would have checked River, only better hands like 2 pairs and sets will bet?

Hey Awesome

Weaker hands would have definitely checked the river. But that's ok! You can still have the best hand often here. I would call. Villain is representing something slowplayed or KJss or KJcc or AQ. There are enough missed draws to justify our price and we should assume that he raises his strong hands often on previous street, depleting their frequency to show up on the river.

Comment

Im not sure how your Cbet % is, but this flop is a nice one to make a delayed c-bet and get some variance in your game.
      If you check and the player bets you can call and basically rep KK/QQ. That way you could call him all the way down to the river possibly.
      With the way the hand played out, you can only beat a missed flush draw and weaker aces. with unknown players, I'd tend to fold even with the decent odds. My gut tells me your beat here.

Comment

Thanks all! Appreciate your inputs. Not sure what he had as I folded this hand

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.