PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10nl FR, A high vs calling station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10nl FR, A high vs calling station

villain VPIP/PFR 70/10 FCB 33 i open from the BTN with A8o and loose passive BB calls. from this quy's stats i see that he doesnt fold to cbets very often(not the fit or fold type) so i decide to take my A high to showdown(if not hitting an A) and not cbet this dry flop. is it, in general, better to cbet against these players with air? should we cbet with something that has decent chance of improving? what hands should i steal from these players with? should ive bet the turn when checked to me?

Hi Espada,

>what hands should I steal from these players with?

None. He is playing 70% of his hands, just widen up your value raising range quite a bit to take advantage of it. A8 certainly qualifies.

>is it, in general, better to cbet against these players with air? should we cbet with something that has decent chance of improving?

It depends imo... you have no post flop stats other than he folds to a flop cbet 1/3rd of the time. In my experience super loose guys like this come in 2 breeds... calling station all the way down, or magic in a bottle (trying to hit flops but not going to showdown frequently). Clearly this guy calls vs. flop c-bets too loose but is he a light peeler, or is he going the distance with anything. If he's peeling a card light and folding, I'd c-bet here to set up a turn barrel on big cards. If he's a station you can lean towards checking more often
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.