PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10nl FR, free play in BB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10nl FR, free play in BB

spots like this coming up quite often and i dont know what to do. first hand on the table and i got a free play in BB. flop gives me top pair bad kicker. what now? lead out before board gets uglier or check call at least one street?

Hi Espada,

With the board being wet I would generally lead out here, there's little reason to think we don't have the best hand heads up. If it was a multi-way limped pot I'd be good with checking and re-evaluating... like if it's 5 way action and we check, the first limper bets and gets raised, easy fold. Or if it checks to the button and he bets, easier to continue.

As played I would call at least once, sure he can have us beat but he'd also likely bet a J for value and protection, and quite possibly bet anything since it's heads up, we have a random hand which has mostly missed, and have checked to him. When I'm in his shoes I bet a very high % of the time. (To be clear I am only in his shoes when in the BB and it's folded to the SB who limps, and I check my option... I don't open limp from villains position here).
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.