PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10nl Zoom - QQ OTB. Unknown open shoves UTG for 120bb. Fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10nl Zoom - QQ OTB. Unknown open shoves UTG for 120bb. Fold?

Villain is unknown and goes crazy shipping over 120bb in pre when UTG. To call here we have to be good more than 50% of the time, against a likely range of QQ+,AKs,AKo we only have 40% equity. However against TT+,AKs,AKo we have 52% equity, is he shipping wide enough here to make this call profitable or should we just fold and move on? Thanks Oliver
    Follow me on: Twitter

Fold. I have nothing invested in this pot. All I have is the opportunity cost of folding. I'd only call an open shove 100bb+ without information with AA/KK.

Comment

In Zoom poker I feel this is kind of a gross spot and I guess it's fine to both fold or call especially since you dont know anything about the guy. I do think that the chance of catching someone openshoving in Zoom with a random hand/weaker pair/AK is still pretty high so I don't mind calling after all. At regular tables I would call this off happily if I see the slightest indication of villain being a weaker player or being on tilt.
      Live Trainer

Comment

call happy to see deuces XD

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.