PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL - bet flop, check turn, bet river line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL - bet flop, check turn, bet river line

Hi, What do you think of the line I took in this 3bet pot with TPTK? Villain is unknown I bet flop for value and decide to check turn for two reasons: 1. induce a bet OTT and I c/r shove 2. I don't think I can get 3 streets of value from worse; so I check turn with intention to bet river to keep hands like QQ/JJ/TT in Do you think c/shoving turn is profitable? and do you see any missed value by checking turn in this spot?

Hi geo,

V1 is unknown but what about V5? I will assume fishy since he's open limping, you might consider not 3-betting a fish out of the pot here.

As played I think your post flop line is good. Without reads we can't expect 3 streets of value from worse like you said, so checking the turn makes the most sense to me, it should induce call downs from pocket pairs for a 2nd street of value on the river from them, and allows him to pull the trigger on any light floats getting us extra value from those too. I think checking the turn is better than checking the flop, as the preflop 3-bettor we'd be expected to c-bet a dry K high board when we don't like it as it's a good board to rep, so checking may look too fishy like a slow play.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Dave,

In case he bet turn after we check, we go over the top right?

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.