PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6 Max TPTK Ugly Board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6 Max TPTK Ugly Board

After this hand, Villain's 23/17, AF 1.5 over 85 hands. 3bet: 8.3%(24). Flop CB: 67%(6) Before this hand, I only know he 3bet once at SB, no postflop 3bet stats. Given the limited info on Villain's 3bet and his large bet-sizing, I decided to flat w AKo. I'm not sure if my Flop call was right. If we assign him a tight range of JJ+ and AK, we're a huge underdog 28%. OTT the Tc gives us a straight. By betting, it's likely he has an Ace as well. Likely Flush draw I can think of which got there will be AcQc. Pretty lost on this hand: 1) Should we peel once OTF since the bet isn't large? Thinking sets might have bet larger on this wet Flop. 2) Was leading out OTT better to prevent sets from checking back? If he raises our donkbet, get it all in? 3) As played, is there any value in jamming here, or are we value-owning ourselves? ** Hypothetical Qn: If we saw that he has Ace club with a random kicker, is jamming right? Are we further building a pot for him to win more if a club appears? I just can't get this concept right... Thanks a lot!!

1) Should we peel once OTF since the bet isn't large? Thinking sets might have bet larger on this wet Flop.

We should definitely be betting larger OTF. This is the type of flop we are looking for when we just call pre, if not the exact flop. We have equity versus top set and a hand with decent showdown value at the moment. If our hand couldn't improve it would be closer.

2) Was leading out OTT better to prevent sets from checking back? If he raises our donkbet, get it all in?

I would definitely endorse leading on the turn for this exact reason. The issue is we can't lead/fold. Of course, you can't check-fold this turn either, so I think that's a wash.

3) As played, is there any value in jamming here, or are we value-owning ourselves?

What else to do? We could call and check-fold a fourth club river. The pot is big and since you don't have a laser read on this player I think check-raise all-in suffices.

Comment

Thanks Gareth, appreciate it! So is bet/folding the Flop the optimal line?

As played, we c/r shoved and got called by 6c5c. Right that we shouldn't be worried about him making the flush OTT since we don't have much info?

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.