PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl FR, getting donked with TPTK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl FR, getting donked with TPTK

villain stats VPIP/PFR 25/10 AGGR 1.5 when he donks(big) at me, i am trying to put him on range. could he be on a draw, like Td9d? but again, i think, players with stats like that play their draws passively. so, i decided not to raise, in case he has a set or two pair, and see what he does OTT. turn is another J, bets again and i fold. should i stick around or at least should i have raised the turn?
    Last edited by Espada_Nu.4; Sat Mar 23, 2013, 03:25 AM.

I'm not seeing a hand replay here (possibly a temporary problem). Can you post it, please?
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

sorry, forgot to post link.
      now its up

Comment

Hi Espada,

I generally rate a donk bet to be a 1 pair hand trying to "see where it's at", or a draw until I see players donk with stronger, but I admit this one is a bit disconcerting as the villain is fairly passive post flop normally and his bet sizing is big here. Still I would go with that read and raise for value on the flop as we are ahead of that entire range as described. If he comes back over the top or puts in a subsequent big action, that would be sufficient to convince me we are in bad shape and let it go.

As played I think folding the turn is fine... it's quite possible he's got QJ or JdTd, KdJd, etc... really a bad turn card for you and your best case scenario is KQ but I'm not expecting him to play KQ that way.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.