PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl FR, KK on wet board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl FR, KK on wet board

another gross spot 2nd hand on this table, so no reads villain UTG raises,one caller and i squeeze from the BTN with KK. i get only one call, from the initial raiser. flop comes coordinated with three suits. i cbet for value(and protection) and villain check-raises, almost a minraise, leaving almost half of his stack behind. now what? call, shove or fold? even his worst part of his preflop calling range play well against me. i could even be drawing dead

Hi Espada,

This is all fine up to and including your c-bet, but I think we have to fold to the check-raise despite the great odds. While it's possible villain is doing this with a worse overpair than yours, he probably has the heart draw to go with it. Against a hands like JhJx, you only have 56% equity. Against the bare Ah (with a hand like AhQx), it's a flip. Villain is also raising all made flushes and sets. Against those, you're crushed.

If I've got villain's raising range correct, your equity is about 36%, so you'd be getting it in bad if you shoved here. If he'd check-raise with overpairs with no draw, it's much closer.

Board: 6h5h4h
    Equity Win Tie
    Hero 36.54% 34.58% 1.96% { KdKs }
    Vill 63.46% 61.51% 1.96% { 66-44, QdQh, QhQs, QhQc, JdJh, JhJs, JhJc, TdTh, ThTs, ThTc, 9d9h, 9h9s, 9h9c, 8d8h, 8h8s, 8h8c, 7d7h, 7h7s, 7h7c, AhKh, AhQh, AhJh, AhTh, AhKd, AhKs, AhKc, AhQd, AhQs, AhQc }

Readless, I think a fold here is solid.

Cheers,
    Arty
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.