PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl 6max zoom Put Short Stack All In Here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl 6max zoom Put Short Stack All In Here?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Hi Everyone, Was wondering in this spot weather even though the stack to pot ratio probably is a little high to get the money in with one pair hands generally,should i still shove my stack in here given that the villian is playing a 50bb stack,and i think very capable of stacking off with many worse hands. I also think i need to get value on this flop because there could be some not so good turn cards here. The villian has stats of 43/21 over 73 hands and had check raised flop 1 from 8 times Thanks Alot

Hi Nashy,

While I think the villain will have KJ or a set of 3s some of the time here, my experience of short-stacks at these stakes is that they will stack off on the flop with any pair, any draw. (Some would even get it in here with TT, lol). You have no fold equity obviously, but I think you're a favourite versus his entire range, so getting it in looks good to me. Calling doesn't make sense because villain is shoving the turn (no matter how ugly) anyway.
    If his range is sets, top two, top pair good kicker, OESD, nut flush draw, then you have about 61% equity.

Board: KhJh3c
    Equity Win Tie
    Hero 61.32% 61.25% 0.06% { AdAs }
    Vill 38.68% 38.62% 0.06% { JJ, 33, KTs+, QTs, AhTh, Ah9h, Ah8h, Ah7h, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah4h, Ah3h, Ah2h, KTo+, QTo }

If you add a couple of airballs into his range, then it's definitely a good spot to get your money in.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers, Arty
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.