PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10nl 6max, barrel the turn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10nl 6max, barrel the turn?

no stats on villain turn gives me some additional outs and my question is do i barrel again, because what called OTF with will probably call the turn(and im sure im beat), or do i check back trying to hit my hand?

Hi Espada,

I tend to barrel again in spots like this. When you c-bet half the pot after opening the button, I think we are going to get called once by a lot of weaker holdings that won't continue to a barrel (8x, 7x, 44, AJ, etc), we get called on the flop simply because a player in your shoes has nothing so often. I like a bigger bet sizing now to really rep the king on the turn, like .65c. If we actually held a hand like AK, this is probably similar to what we'd do with the board getting wet and for value vs. KT-KQ, so it's very credible. If we get called again we'll be glad we bloated the pot more when a diamond comes. Probably giving up the river if we get called again and miss, since without reads I don't expect him to check-call twice with a made hand then fold the river. And we have some showdown value as well on blanks (we're currently beating T9, A6, a loose JT, etc... there's a few possible hands out there we're beating).

Also if we bet the turn and get check-raised, I'd rate him to be pretty strong in that spot (lots of big kings at least, if not 2 pair+), and we will be able to call with the back door nut draw. Like we bet .65, he raises to 1.75, we call 1.10 more into a pot of 3.31 with another $7 behind in our stack for diamond rivers. He has to check-raise for a pretty big overbet to price us off our back door draw, so I'm not concerned with that happening.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.