PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10nl 6max, 8BB raise UTG...KK in MP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10nl 6max, 8BB raise UTG...KK in MP

villains stats VPIP/PFR 27/12 AGGR. 2 got scared of villain's big raise and decided to flat. flop comes A high and when he bets, its an easy fold for me(plus its multiway). should i raise him preflop? and if he jams, call or fold?

Hi Espada,

I would 3b him preflop all day here. The huge raise sizing is strange for sure, but I tend to think this is not AA very often but is also not a complete steal very often either. It feels a lot like AK, TT, JJ... something in that area that doesn't want to play post flop or have some "garbage hand" draw out on them again. He should have a hard time releasing those to a 3b, so I favor 3b/get it in for spots like this. If he is stealing and just gives up, or can lay down his pair, then we take down 9.5bb's without a fight, not a bad result. I have a feeling if he's doing this sizing with TT it's because he CAN'T lay the pair down easily, and he knows it, so his solution instead of learning better ranging and discipline is to try and push everyone out.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.