PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10nl 6max, hitting the nutts OTT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10nl 6max, hitting the nutts OTT

villain stats VPIP/PFR 32/17 AGGR.F 1.25 alright, now that i hit my hand my question is how do i get max value. do i call and let him barrel the river or do i raise in case he has something(2 pair, str8) and a scare card kills the action?(was my sizing good?)

3bet pre. Flop play is fine. Interesting spot on the turn. I'd probably raise too since his AF is so low, he'd probably check most rivers. Also, sizing is good because you can get stacks in on the river. Also at 10nl I doubt he'd fold a straight/set/2pair which we are trying to get value out of.

There is an argument for calling the turn and letting him barrel the river but raising a river bet looks insanely strong. Also, a spade comes it will kill a lot of your action, so it's best to get the money in on the turn in my opinion.
    Last edited by birdayy; Wed Mar 20, 2013, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Hi Espada,

First, the villains stats seem fishy, so I'd prefer to 3b pre to isolate him in position.

So as to your question, razzu. I definitely prefer to raise here but I think your sizing (more than 3x his bet) is too large as his range rates to be fairly weak here. He raised pre, check/called the flop (consistent with over cards and weaker 1 pair hands), then donks the turn small... I'd say he rates to have a fair bit of weak 1 pair hands (maybe QJ at best) or weak draws (Tx or some spade), so give him a price he can't refuse. Maybe click it back is even fine. Give him a great price to pursue all his draws while getting some additional value from them, and tempt him to call with Jx as well. All these hands are drawing dead so we are getting great value from any of these calls.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by birdayy View Post
        Also at 10nl I doubt he'd fold a straight/set/2pair which we are trying to get value out of.
        I agree with this, and the bet sizing against these holdings... but I don't see the villain showing up with much, if any, of these on the turn given his line.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.