PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50NL 6-max zoom. TT in sb calling utg min open raise, flop set - deep breath...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50NL 6-max zoom. TT in sb calling utg min open raise, flop set - deep breath...

Hi,

I don't normally play at these stakes but it felt at the start fine playing small ball and tight.

Here I had pocket TT in sb calling an utg min open raise and flopped my set on 2sTcQc board no club.

Deep breath >>it goes in on the flop<<.

I was scared playing an unknown half stacker no reads and not quite understanding - if the villain had the implied odds on a nut draw I was just paying him off?

Did I bet correctly on the flop?

Hi Forrest,

I don't mind 3-betting a half stacker here preflop, as I think it makes our hand so much easier to play (when we don't flop a ten), but flatting isn't bad. I think your play on the flop is fine, don't mind going for a big check-raise as I expect him to c-bet frequently (without reads) and I would snap it in when he shoves, in fact I'm hoping for a shove. If he's got QQ then nh, nothing we can do about that. We will get shoved on by draws, AA, KK, AQ, KQ in a spot like this as well, we should be in great shape equity wise against his range.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ForrestFive View Post
      if the villain had the implied odds on a nut draw I was just paying him off?
      I'm not sure what you mean by this tbh... you're getting all the monies in on the flop so implied odds don't factor into the equation at all (implied odds come from money that can be won on future streets when the draw gets there). Even with the best possible draw he can have (KcJc) you are still a 58-42 favorite on the flop... get the monies in all the time here. umbup:
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.