PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl 6max zoom Too Deep With AK Pre?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl 6max zoom Too Deep With AK Pre?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Hi Everyone, Was a little unsure in this spot,the villian to my right has stats of 29/25 over 28 hands and 3bet% of 18 thought it was too early to take much from that. I'm not really concerned about the shove utg i planned on calling their shove there for 48bbs, but then the villian 3bets for almost 100bbs,i felt calling wasnt good because im committing myself preflop for 100bbs with a premium "drawing" hand and the villian still has $1.35 behind, calling pre then missing the flop and folding would be pretty horrible. But then i didnt really want to get stacks in with AK preflop for 163bbs either. What would you do? Thanks

Hi Nashy,

I think you've answered your own question... if both calling and shoving seem unattractive then that leaves folding. Contrary to what you might have heard, it is actually ok to fold AK preflop. Granted it's a holding we are usually (almost always) going to be playing, but in this specific circumstance I think a fold is reasonable.

As an aside, if we do "call" it shouldn't ever be to try and hit the flop, planning to c/f a miss. with $4 in the middle and only $1.35 behind I would be playing that call as a stop and go, shoving all misses first to act.

Fold, check the showdown to take notes on both villains, next hand.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.