PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10nl FR, could i have avoided this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10nl FR, could i have avoided this?

i have a few hands on villain 9 and in most of them he open limped, so i assume he is loose passive player. villain 1 VPIP 16 PFR 11 3bet 6 AGR.F 1.67 villain 9 open limps in the CO and villain 1 raises. im in the BB and i call with QJs trying to invite the bad player in. limper calls and the flop gives me the 2nd nut flush. i decide to lead out because i thought that the initial raiser might not cbet this flop and i didnt want to miss a street of value, plus i knew that if the limper has any piece of the flop he will continue. both players call, which i thought that was the best result. i bet the turn, limper calls and now the initial raiser comes over the top! with this raise he is commiting himself and i was thinking "what could he have?" A5 with the A of d, a set which he slowplayed OTF(doubt that), a worse slowplayed flush or the nuts? and my question is in the title "could i have avoided this?" could i or should i have folded the turn?

Hi Espada,

Preflop call is fine I think, and I really like the lead out on the flop. It's the only way to ensure the flop round is bet and agree V1 who's AF is a bit low may not c-bet misses in a 3 way pot. If he does have a hand (and would have c-bet) leading out is still better to trap the fish between you and him, as if you check-raise it pushes the fish off his weaker holdings with which he will continue for the single bet. I would lead for a bit bigger personally, maybe like .75c, which looks more like a semi-bluff or a K trying to "protect" it's hand imo... but really love that you led out.

When they both call, I like that you led again bigger for value that you rate to get for sure from worse hands (although I would have sized bigger still, maybe 2.25).

Hate V1 coming over the top of us but I don't think I would fold the 2nd nuts here as I imagine we can sometimes get shown KK (waiting for 1 safe card before raising), AK, AA, and I'm not sure how many nut flush combos to expect in his range since the K, Q, and J of the suit are accounted for. I would have stacked this off too.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.