PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL,FR - AA multiway OOP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL,FR - AA multiway OOP

I think there is some value in c-betting (just from draws). Though on the turn, i should just give up and check-fold, since there are not many worse hands to call, right? All opponents were unknown.
    Last edited by 3revos; Wed Mar 13, 2013, 11:09 PM.

Another line could be c/c turn, c/f river.

Sets would have raised us on the flop, so his call makes us think his hand is a draw or some TP kind of hands, but I'm not sure I can see alot of T9, AT, QT, JT in his range without any stats.

The turn fills one of his draws, but could also potentially give him a hand like TP+Draw something like QJ/KQ that floated flop or added equity to his hand with something like ATd.

I think when we check two things could happen:
    1. He checks back, we b/f river
    2. He bets, we call, and c/f river

Either way we are still getting information but less expensively compared to betting IMO.

Comment

Hi 3revos,

Yuck! It's not often an UTG raise gets 3 callers. Pre-flop and flop is perfect. With so many callers, it's fairly likely one has a flush draw, so you made a nice bet for value and protection, and got heads up.

From here, I think geo's analysis is spot on. While betting the turn is sound in that you can make a relatively easy fold when raised, the river could be very tricky if villain just calls, because you won't know if villain is slowplaying a flush, has a hand like top pair, or was still drawing.
      So I like checking the turn. We can call a small bet or fold to a big one (especially if villain is normally a passive player), and sometimes see the river for free, where we can bet-fold safe cards.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.