PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10nl Zoom - A3o In the CO. Thin value OTR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10nl Zoom - A3o In the CO. Thin value OTR?

The villain is unknown in this hand. I make a standard open with A3o in the CO, I think this is pretty standard so not too much to dwell. Also I think my flop value bet is standard, I can get called by med-small pairs as well as KJ KT etc so I think it's a good spot to cbet. OTT I decided to check back, I felt that if I bet it gave all hands that call a flop bet a chance to fold. Even though the turn wasn't scary, worse hands that called the flop aren't often calling a double barrel. When he checks to me OTR I figured he was pretty weak and in all likelyhood held a PP 77-TT or a missed straight draw. I decided to bet for value quite small to get called by the PP's in his range and then he shocked me by raising. I've discussed this with a friend of mine and he thinks that if I bet the river then I have to call his raise as his line makes no sense so we will likely see a bluff. However in my experience when someone check raises the river they have a good hand. Although it seems more likely he would lead with Qx it's not out of the realms of possibility that he would try and be really tricky and x/r, is it? Did I misjudge the situation and perhaps get bluffed or was the laydown decent? Also was my bet for value OTR too thin? Thanks Oliver
    Last edited by Croyd93; Thu Mar 07, 2013, 04:26 AM.
    Follow me on: Twitter

Hi Oliver,

Hard spot . If u held AK i think its a call, but the fact that there are Ax combos that beat you reduces the will to call. I think his range includes Ax that put you on a pocket pair; and missed draws... I dont think he has a Q often here, since i feel he'd put more money, maybe leading or raising on any street, the only Q hand i see him playing this way is AQ. I dont know if it is a good spot to bet the river... id fold... but im not very good player.

Comment

I'd typically fold A3o from the CO unless there is a really weak player in the blinds and/or everyone behind me including BU is fairly tight.

I would also tend to checkback OTF since I dont see much value from worse hands and would try to induce some bluffs/get value on later streets.

As played I think b/f river seems fine.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.