PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL - JJ gets sqzd; What line to take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL - JJ gets sqzd; What line to take?

CO is unknown SB is 33/26/3, 3bet 13%, Sqz 9% (143 Hands) Would shoving here be a line you would ever take considering SB's high 3bet/Sqz % with 43bb in dead money?

Hey Geo Yes I think shoving would be fine here, in fact, it is what I would prefer. We can get called by worse from the SB, hands like 99/TT as well as AK/AQ. The CO we have in rough shape almost always. And like you said there is a ton of dead money in the pot. That really started with the CO's raise size. Taking a flop here is not going to be the most practical of things. The pot will be 3$ and we will often see a flop we aren't sure how to react on. I think our hand is going to play better in terms of realizing our equity at this point by moving all-in. We make the last bet this way, which is a sign of a good aggressive play, and we have a strong hand given the situation. I think all signs point to shove umbup:

Comment

Hey, I just had a hand like this! Maybe I played it okay ...

Comment

I agree 100% with back-raising all in here.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Oh well... (Just had to make sure I did not spew my stack with the shove) thx!

Comment

i like shoving here w/ all the dead chips in there as you said. villian 1 seems like an aggressive player so if you can take down the pot preflop it's great for you and even if you get called you can easily have great equity vs a hand like AK.

Comment

Randy Lew! Hello
              Love to see you getting more active on PSO.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.