PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 6MAX - JJ, good or bad shove?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 6MAX - JJ, good or bad shove?

unknown villain, first hand i'd played with him. This is my first forum hand post so please go easy on me.

Hi lostsoulpart,

welcome to the handanalysis forums!

Those spots are always tough with hands like JJ since you are the UTG raiser and many people tend to 3-bet early position raisers with a strong hand range only.

Because of this fact and since there is an overcaller OTB who I would usually figure for a strong pair or broadway type hand (TT+,AQ+) I would be less inclined to shove here.

You are actually getting decent odds to just call and see a flop since you close the action and will be able to act last postflop with good relative position to the raiser.

That way you can figure out pretty precisely how interested people will be in this pot postflop and either find an easy exit or maybe even flop a set against two strong ranges which greatly increases your implied odds.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.