PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL 6-max zoom: KJo 3-bet resteal from sb against btn steal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL 6-max zoom: KJo 3-bet resteal from sb against btn steal

hi All, preflop: the button is a 19/17 with 47 steal from the button over 200 hands. Since he's opening so wide on the button and in general plaing TAG, i decide to resteal with my KJ(that might flop a decent top pair hand) against his range, expecting to get a lot of folds. flop: we get a pretty decent Ahigh flop to c-bet on. our c-bet gets floated and after that, I just give up checking it down only to see him holding JTo. 1. how do i procceed in future situations, having seens his hand at that spot? being able to float m with Jhigh on an Ahigh board and checking his pair down when he hit on the turn. 2. do i tighten my 3-bet range or continue to 3-bet for value and simply get more sticky to the pots/ play more check/call passively to scoop his bluffs?

Originally posted by f1nlaion View Post
    1. how do i procceed in future situations, having seens his hand at that spot? being able to float m with Jhigh on an Ahigh board and checking his pair down when he hit on the turn.
    2. do i tighten my 3-bet range or continue to 3-bet for value and simply get more sticky to the pots/ play more check/call passively to scoop his bluffs?
    The future gameplan that I would take against this villain is:

- 3betting a wider than usual valuerange containing all medium to strong aces and broadway hands that may dominate his calling range

- cbet more flops only for value and x/f hands which I would not plan to double or triple barrel with

- check more turns with medium and sometimes strong hands to make more money from his floats
    Live Trainer

Comment

if he's calling your 3bets this loosely with JTo, I would gladly keep reraising hands like KJ for value. Having the initiative and dominating hands is just going to be more profitable in general. I would consider checking some strong hands after you bet if you think he's going to keep floating you as if he's floating with jack high, i imagine he's not calling for value, rather he's looking to bluff so dont be afraid to give him that chance to bluff.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.