PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6-max Zoom - co limp, btn raise, I flat JJ in sb and in despair donk a 295 flop..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6-max Zoom - co limp, btn raise, I flat JJ in sb and in despair donk a 295 flop..

Hi,

This 5NL showdown is JJ vs JJ but how did two stubborn idiots get there?

The co limps and the btn makes IMO a bad (wrong small min raise) iso raise bet size.

OK now I flat with black JJ in the sb to set mine. Then now think it's best to donk oop on a lower red board. No respect to a donk and I get raised. So are we talking nitty QQ+?

With no reads I need to take a note on this villain. So like many of these HA examples I draw a line in the sand and go with it.

Now with the villain's small turn bet, I'm beat by 55, 99, QQ+ or draws (or anything you guys see I missed).

So I think this bet is wrong. Is that bet size a price to draw? So villain or hero bad lines >>JJ vs JJ<<?

No comment here but my note >>5NL shorty bluff<< after the time to post above.
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Sun Feb 24, 2013, 06:50 AM. Reason: typo - wrong small min raise

Hi Forrest,

I would reraise preflop to isolate this weak min-raiser for value, JJ is too strong in this situation to be set mining and you're costing yourself value imo.

Post flop I don't like your check-raise, you're making very hard for worse hands to give you action but better hands won't fold to this. I don't think you can fold to his flop raise because your flat call pre has disguised this hand strength a bit, but taking a line on the turn that will fold out most worse hands drastically cuts the value you have in this situation.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.