PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KK correct played?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK correct played?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...489_D581E16C54

Hi I'm wondering if I played this correctly, I got lucky here.

My thought on this, after I raised a couple of players call, and a tight player reraises pretty big, I suppose it means a decent hand. Also he has 200 BBs and I don't really like to get it in Preflop with KK for 200 BBs.. Therefore I just called and try and play a flop. I know I price in the other players too..
    Is this play profitable in long run? or 4bet fold better option?

Hi Sj,

I think you played this fine. If the villain is tight then I think flatting is optimal. He's already showing a lot of strength for a tight player, 3-betting an UTG open after 2 callers. If you 4b this guy can probably fold QQ or AK. If he were loose, fishy, or spewy in any way I'd 4b with KK and take my chances, but against a tight or nitty player in this type of spot it's better to keep his worse hands in imo. The other players are not getting a good price to over call you for what is 15%+ of their stack, they are making a mistake, so it's fine.

Post flop play is perfect.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.