PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL 6-max zoom: AA against nit in 3-bet pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL 6-max zoom: AA against nit in 3-bet pot

Hi all, just had a long bad session and wanted to share some spots with you. preflop: a 27/23 over 125 hands opens utg and a nit(12/4 with 3-bet% 1 over 250 hands ) on the button calls. I 3-bet for value the laggy guy folds and the nit calls my big 3-bet. flop: the flop is decent and I c-bet around 60%ish percent. the nit raises fairly big and since I would expect him to have there QQ a lot of the time (given his pre-flop line), I decide to fold. 1. should I have played this hand any differently? like checking the flop? but i don't the nit would try to steal there very often would he? 2. just to make sure, it is a clear fold on the flop against his stats, right? (bad luck n move on)

Hi f1n,

Play is good imo. Remember we beat nits by slaughtering them in the war of small pots because they fold too much, and not paying them off when they have a monster.

He would seem likely to have QQ or AhQh the vast majority of the time here, and we're in terrible equity shape vs. that range. In order to be in better shape he'd need to have AhKh and KK in there too, but he's not likely to play either of these hands this way. Bet fold looks right to me here.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.