PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL Zoom: Calling IP with Suited Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL Zoom: Calling IP with Suited Cards

15 hands on villain (57/36) Is it most +ev to call with my suited one-gapper? 1) He's a fish so want to go to flop with him to extract maximum value 2) By calling I'm likely ahead of his raising range given his stats/stack size/fishiness 3) If I raise & he 4-bets I would likely have to fold 4) If I raise & he calls I'm less likely to be ahead of his 3bet calling range 5) I have a hand that plays well post-flop; flushes/straight draws/high cards 6) By calling there is the danger of a squeeze, but sb looks passive fish & bb is 7/7 over 59 hands, so minimal risk. I'm wary that I may be calling too much pre-flop.

Hi carl,

chosing to play a hand against somebody preflop is all about the edge that you are giving yourself on that player.

Since villain seems way to loose and aggro QTs will surely play well enough postflop especially in position.

Even though you may not be ahead of villains hand or get into some tough spots flopping only top pair as long as you are aware you are the one making superior postflop decisions you will be doing just fine.

Also like how you played the hand postflop. You could potentially raise flop but I think there is a lot of merit in just trying to get there against a weak player since he might not fold a lot OTF and tend to bluff/call off more money on later streets when you get there.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.