PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6-max Zoom - I open raise utg AQs sb calls and donks 3x pot on 479r flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6-max Zoom - I open raise utg AQs sb calls and donks 3x pot on 479r flop

Hi,

Not asking for a serious review here (of my insane disbelief) of what the villain is doing.

Just fun at the micros - what is wrong with the donk bet size?

We should set up a notes trade staking thread - Player 2 can't wait for him next time.

I open raise utg AQhh and sb calls and donks about 3x pot on 479r flop no hearts.

The rest is >>madness<< if you are a believer that the villain actually has something.
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Feb 14, 2013, 04:55 AM.

LOL....Really
    You called is over bet....LOL, lucky
    Notes taken on both players

Comment

Hey Forrest I think I would have folded to this donk bet. The problem is really in his size. It is a size that lays him a bad price to pick up the pot, and a great price for us the times we have a pair in our hand, like TT or better. With AQ we are usually going to have outs versus the times he has a pair but we can just get the money in so well with a huge amount of our range here that we don't need to go out on a limb with AQ. One thing to keep in mind is that when someone bets big you only need to continue seldomly to "keep them honest." When they bet small you need to continue more often to keep them honest. This guy has bet really large in this situation, so I would limit my continuing to my stronger hands. umbup:

Comment

Make a note that villain overbets with gutshot + 2 overs (37% equity versus your hand), and play accordingly. Just be wary that sometimes he's gonna have a set here and you'll be drawing dead.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Forrest, I had one of my own of those type of hands ... was sooooooo tempted to call!!!!!!!! Sigh ...

I put the button on some junk hand like JKo, some crap pocket pair, or Ax that may or may not have actually made a pair ... next time hopefully the person'll raise wide thinking I'll fold? Or not give my raises credit because they think I'm a monkey too?? [/spoiler]

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys and girls,

@Gareth yes I understand what you are saying. I don't take the non-believer line too often. My thoughts in the words of an American tennis player from the past - YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS. I have seen this villain before. I iso raise his limp ip he 3-bet slams or if he wants to see a flop oop then comes the donk pot bet.

@Sand I didn't call - slam OTT in your face with some fold equity - should fold out jack or ten high but he calls.

@Arty it's sad that I didn't take a note in the client - just recognize avatar, country Iceland and lobby 1 zoom table.

@Sam your hand is a bit tricky flatting a 4-bet oop. I'm folding too. It's a stack risk 5-bet with AQ if you are sure about the villain calling light.

But it's a "That's poker" when it goes wrong

Or you look
            Last edited by ForrestFive; Fri Feb 15, 2013, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarethC23 View Post
              Hey Forrest I think I would have folded to this donk bet. The problem is really in his size. It is a size that lays him a bad price to pick up the pot, and a great price for us the times we have a pair in our hand, like TT or better. With AQ we are usually going to have outs versus the times he has a pair but we can just get the money in so well with a huge amount of our range here that we don't need to go out on a limb with AQ. One thing to keep in mind is that when someone bets big you only need to continue seldomly to "keep them honest." When they bet small you need to continue more often to keep them honest. This guy has bet really large in this situation, so I would limit my continuing to my stronger hands. umbup:
              Don't mind me everybody ... just writing a note to myself NOTE TO SELF: The bigger the overbet, the better the hand you need to have to call.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.