PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl JJ - Thin value on the river?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl JJ - Thin value on the river?

The villain is a relatively unknown player he is 4 tabling and over 20 hands is playing 17/17/16.7 AF - 1.0. Preflop I decided not to 4bet I think this may have been a mistake as playing OOP without initiative is probably abigger mistake than if I 4bet fold, what do you think? As flops go this is pretty good for JJ, however I didn't want to get too carried away. My plan was to check call the flop and check fold nearly all turns depending on his bet size. When the turn is an A I decide to stick to my plan but fortunately for me the villain checks behind. The river pairs the board is a pretty big blank imo, I'm unsure whether to bet for thin value here. I think he would take this line with better hands such as KK and QQ so is going for value here too thin given that the only worse hand that can call is probably TT? Thanks for any help Oliver
    Follow me on: Twitter

I'd probably just fold preflop since it is unlikely that people are 3betting a lot of worse hands against an UTG open. 4b/f is an option too, calling OOP against an unknown however is going to be really tough to play so I would rule that option out as long as I dont have any more specific informatione on the villain.

As played I'd also x/c flop, x/f turn most of the time, and also x/f river. I dont think we can valuebet against worse hands here and I also dont think villain might be betting any worse if we check - given that he checked back the A turn which was the best of opportunities to bluff if he wanted to.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.