PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL - TPTK on wet flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL - TPTK on wet flop

Hi, Do you like the donk bet line here against villain 14/11/2 21% steal (100 hands) considering stack sizes? What is an optimal line otherwise?

I'm not too keen on donking with TPTK. If villain missed completely, we miss value when he folds. A 14/11 guy is likely to c-bet his entire range, so I'd just call his c-bet. If he has worse than us, he'll probably slow down on the turn and check behind, meaning we can probably lead the river if it's a blank.
    I tend to use donk bets solely for when I have a monster like a set in a multiway pot (and I want action), or when I have a draw on the flop and I want to harness some fold equity. So, in general, use donkbets for when you want someone to raise or fold. When you have a one pair hand, you generally just want to call down.
    Attached Files
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Arty has already made some good points.

The problem I would have with donking especially against shorter stacks is that I might risk getting raised by a range that is hard for me to judge since it could contain both worse hands or semibluffs. If I then plan to b/f my hand I could potentially give up a ton of equity which I could have realized through a x/c line.

As played I think it is fine to b/f turn since it is more likely that his turnraise will be a lot stronger now that you have donked twice with bigger sizes.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.