PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL - playing small PPs OOP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL - playing small PPs OOP

Hi, What's your take on playing baby pairs OOP. Do you cbet as bluff and then give up when we don't hit a set? In this case, Villain is 17/9/2 so he is pretty tight and I think his range is filled with big A hands, but is there a reason to be chargind draws on the turn?

Hi geo,

I certainly bet once here, but when called I would shut it down and check/fold the turn. No reason to continue betting as he will usually have an ace and not be folding it. If he has a draw he won't fold that either. We can't stand a raise, and we can't stand a river bet if we check there. It's just not profitable to keep blasting in spots like this unless the villain is a known floater (calls once light to "see what we do" then gives up to a 2nd barrel).
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'm one-and-done here too. It's a pretty good flop to c-bet. Villain is usually only continuing with an ace or a flush draw. Even if he has a gutshot to Broadway, he has two live cards which have fairly good equity against our hand, and we can't really barrel any face cards, because he might be unable to fold 2nd pair. The 7d is effectively a blank, but whatever called on the flop is likely to call on this turn card too, so it's time to shut it down.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.