PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 9-max: QQ UTG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 9-max: QQ UTG

The villain is playing 18/7/9 I decided that shoving here isn't a good idea, since I was raising UTG and he 3-bets, but folding seems too tight to me. So I decided to flat his 3-bet and evaluate the flop. With the almost pot sized bet in a dry flop I figured I was against KK+,AK. Thanks umbup:

Hi fp,

I tend to agree with your preflop thinking. Although this guy has a fairly high 3b% at 9%, he is generally tight and he is 3-betting an UTG raiser from UTG+1.

I wouldn't give up to a single continuation bet though in this spot. Playing as you did, I would call once, and if he fires another big bullet on the turn that will be enough to sell me. You didn't include any post flop reads so those obv could change the plan... like if he frequently double barrels then calling the flop to check/fold turn is a pretty bad plan. lol But without any post flop read I think it's reasonable. Sometimes with a miss players will bet big like this to make sure you don't peel light, planning to only fire 1 barrel. Even the range you put him on yourself argues for a call, you said this bet indicated to you KK+ or AK. There are 12 combos of KK/AA and 16 combos of AK, so against that range you are a 4-3 favorite to be ahead.

The alternative is to simply lead into him, and if he puts in a big raise give him the benefit of the doubt and let it go. Again with no post flop stats or reads you really can't say which line is best in this spot.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.