PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rivered top pair top kicker facing OB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivered top pair top kicker facing OB

Sorry, the hand wasn't played on PS hence the no replay.

Villain didn't have a full stack (probably not a reg?) and I don't have any hands on him prior to the hand playing out.

Hand Information
    2NL (6 handed).

Table Information
    Seat: 1 seat 1 ($2) Small Blind
    Seat: 2 seat 2 ($1.77) Big Blind
    Seat: 3 seat 3 ($5.27)
    Seat: 4 Hero ($4.34)
    Seat: 5 seat 5 ($1.23)
    Seat: 6 seat 6 ($2.17) Dealer
    Dealt to Hero

Preflop (Pot:0.03)
    seat 3    FOLD
    Hero    RAISE $0.05
    seat 5    FOLD
    seat 6    FOLD
    seat 1    FOLD
    seat 2    CALL

Flop(Pot: $0.13)

seat 2    CHECK
    Hero    BET $0.08
    seat 2    CALL

Turn(Pot: $0.29)

seat 2    CHECK
    Hero    CHECK

River(Pot: $0.29)

seat 2    BET $0.42
    Hero    ?????

I guess he could have J9, a 6 or flushes but the overbet just looks so bluffy. I guess reads would be handy because some people bluff overbet and others value overbet.

Gross spot
    Last edited by birdayy; Sat Jan 26, 2013, 07:38 PM.

Without any reads, I'm leaning towards a fold. I think he's either doing this on a missed draw, a made flush, or a Queen. With no reads, I'm guessing he has the flush, and not the missed draw. So it's eaither a flush or a queen, and there's more flushes out there than queens...
    The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
    Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight

Comment

Hi Birdayy,

With no reads other than the less than full stack, I'd pay him off here. Sure we can get shown better hands, but it wouldn't surprise me to see KQ, QJ, or some random spazzes either.

I'll apply some logic, which is a bit of a hit or miss proposition since we don't know if this villain thinks in a way that resembles sound poker logic or is even ranging us accurately. But the way the action goes, villain is probably putting us on AK or missed overcards a lot. If they had a monster like a flush, they'd probably bet smaller trying to get called by our weak range. This action looks like it doesn't want a call. So I'd disappoint him and make a note on what he played this way for future reference.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hmmm ok.

I just thought given the bad price that we would have to be right a large proportion of the time for this call to be profitable, hence leaning me towards a fold.

Hopefully when this happens agaun i'll have a read (or at least some hands on the guy).

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.