PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tricky decision with A flush high

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricky decision with A flush high

I had AsQd *LuLuLuLu*La: bets $2 SENJATROLLET: calls $2 *** TURN *** [4s 3s 7s] [4d] SENJATROLLET: checks *LuLuLuLu*La: bets $5.50 SENJATROLLET: calls $5.50 *** RIVER *** [4s 3s 7s 4d] [Js] SENJATROLLET: bets $4.50 umbup: *LuLuLuLu*La: raises $21.48 to $25.98 and is all-in How would you played this hand?
    Last edited by SENJATROLLET; Wed Jan 23, 2013, 11:59 PM.

Be great with the Hand Replayer. Is it at 50NL? If he's a reg or passive player, chances are that he's got a boat. Looks similar to my hands lol

Comment

Im a bit noob, dont know what 50nl means.

However it was 0.25/0.50 headsup nlhe

Comment

Post the entire hand history in the future. What you posted is incomplete... we don't see the preflop action at all, is it single raised, 3b, etc? On the flop you show the villain acting first, and on the turn you acting first. On top of all that you haven't provided any villain reads, and this is pretty crucial information for heads up play, so I can't comment on how I would play the hand.

On the river though I would call. Your bet sizing is so small relative to the pot that I think we can get shoved on by the Ks for value, maybe worse, and we can get shoved on as a bluff. And it looks like the villain starts with an odd stack size so possibly weaker, and prone to more mistakes of this nature. So not exactly fist pumping but with our small river bet looking like a cheap blocking bet we can induce shoves by worse, so I call.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by SENJATROLLET View Post
          Im a bit noob, dont know what 50nl means.
          However it was 0.25/0.50 headsup nlhe
          If you're unclear of the terminology, then playing heads up 50NL is probably unwise unless you have a very large bankroll.
          Playing heads up is a good way to go busto very quickly.
          If you're new to the game, I'd suggest you play ring games of a lower stake level until you're more comfortable.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
            Post the entire hand history in the future. What you posted is incomplete... we don't see the preflop action at all, is it single raised, 3b, etc? On the flop you show the villain acting first, and on the turn you acting first. On top of all that you haven't provided any villain reads, and this is pretty crucial information for heads up play, so I can't comment on how I would play the hand.

On the river though I would call. Your bet sizing is so small relative to the pot that I think we can get shoved on by the Ks for value, maybe worse, and we can get shoved on as a bluff. And it looks like the villain starts with an odd stack size so possibly weaker, and prone to more mistakes of this nature. So not exactly fist pumping but with our small river bet looking like a cheap blocking bet we can induce shoves by worse, so I call.
            Oh yeh I see it now that the hand is incomplete. Sorry. Im a bit "new" when it comes to review hands.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
              If you're unclear of the terminology, then playing heads up 50NL is probably unwise unless you have a very large bankroll.
              Playing heads up is a good way to go busto very quickly.
              If you're new to the game, I'd suggest you play ring games of a lower stake level until you're more comfortable.
              No im not new at all. Ive been a medium/high S&H Headsup Hyper Turbo player.

Meh, personally I feel its more variance doing multi table ring games.

Comment

Now here is the end of the hand

SENJATROLLET: calls $21.48

*** SHOW DOWN ***

*LuLuLuLu*La: shows [4c 3c] (a full house, Fours full of Threes)

SENJATROLLET: shows [2c As] (a flush, Ace high)

*LuLuLuLu*La collected $68.46 from pot

So I guess I played the hand right but was unlucky.

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.