PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL 10 Zoom; AQo; How to play profitable vs tiny 3-bets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL 10 Zoom; AQo; How to play profitable vs tiny 3-bets

Hi,

I am not sure how to proceed vs min-3 bets or tiny 3-bets. I feel I get the right price to call them, but I often fold to further aggression if I miss. This fit or fold style can not be profitable in theese spots. I have a good example hand.

[replay hand_id=394906 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=A688355621]

Only 10 hands on villin (VPIP: 30 / PFR: 20 ) and low aggression, although those are not reliable stats of course.

This is my first post in this hand analysis forum, i hope i got the instructions right for the replayer.

I would have played the hand the same way as you did

Comment

Hi almightybald,

small 3bets especially by weaker players can oftentimes be made with wide ranges. I feel that most recreational players who take such lines do that on a "oh that hand looks nice" basis.

Since min3bets give you odds of around 1:3 you only need to realise the equity of your hand ~25% of the time. This pretty much "legalizes" a fit-or-fold style with at least some hands in your range. With AQ here and on a dry board you could also peel one card off since you have position (can take away the pot when he signals weakness later), have 2 overs and might be up against a wider range from a weaker player (still have the best hand).

What I do in spots like these is trying to judge the profitability of a call based on:

- odds
      - villaintype
      - stacksize
      - position
      - hand strength
      - playability
      - implied odds

In your spot I would definitely put a checkmark on all of them.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.