PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL - AQs missed sqz spot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL - AQs missed sqz spot?

Hi, Was this a missed squeeze spot against two unknowns? As played, what is our action on the turn?

No video shown for me

Comment

Hi geo,

I don't like 3-betting to squeeze here without reads. I think flatting is a far better option... AQs plays well in position and multi-way. If we 3b squeeze how are we going to respond to a 4b? I think we have to fold, but I don't like taking a hand with the value of AQs in position and turning it into a bluff like that. Also 3-betting will tend to fold out worse hands like AJ and KQ a lot and get action from AK and pairs which we really don't play well against... flatting keeps those dominated aces and dominated Q's in and out of position which is right were we like them.

Turn I would call again. He can be barreling some better hands like AK, sets, or flushes, but he's also barrelling worse like AJ, AT (which we kept in by flatting, and he thinks we are on a draw), big single hearts and pairs like KK or QQ with the big heart. Raising now looks way too strong, we'll probably fold out worse like AJ/AT. But our hand is too strong vs. his range to fold imo. I'd flat, planning to value bet blank rivers if checked to and call blank rivers if facing a reasonable bet size.

Edit: @Acomb, hand is displaying for me now, maybe it's fixed...
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Dave,

I called turn.

river: Qd villain bets 3.10 (he has 2.19 left). Call or Fold?

Comment

I go into call-down mode here. AQs plays pretty well on the button. There's no value in raising the flop, so just call down and hope there's no more hearts. Sometimes villain flopped a flush, but he also has hands like AK-AJ with one heart quite often.
          If the river gives you 2pr, then it's an easy call. (I don't like raising, because villain could shove on us.)
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by geoVARTA View Post
            Hi Dave,

I called turn.

river: Qd villain bets 3.10 (he has 2.19 left). Call or Fold?
            I agree with Arty. I already said what I'd do on a blank river facing a reasonable bet (call), although the bet size is a bit on the larger size at 3/4 pot, the river isn't a blank, it improves us over AK and all 2 pairs, so I'm certainly not folding here.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Okay. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.