PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL - call river or raise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL - call river or raise?

Villain is a fish 25/6/1; are we flatting river here or raising for value? If we get shoved over the raise do we fold?

Hi geo,

First of all this is a pretty marginal open preflop imo. Also I don't like continuation betting air in a multi-way pot like this, heads up or 3 handed it's fine but 4 handed+ I think we're just burning money c-betting air hoping everyone called pre with something other than an ace and they all whiffed.

When this guy calls our flop c-bet on a 100% dry board he's basically got one of 2 things most of the time... an ace, or better. Since his bet sizing on the river is less than half the pot, it looks a bit like just an ace to me trying to get paid by KK. Being the thin value bettor that I am, I am in favor of raising here to about $3. The keys here are that I think this opponent (loose-semipassive fish) will always call with Ax, and will only raise again with 2 pair+. In fact he may not raise with some better hands like A7 or A2 simply because he's scared we backed into diamonds. But if we are good more than 50% of the time our raise is called, AND we don't have to be concerned with being reraised by worse hands, then I think going for a value raise is good (and fold to a 3b from this guy).
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.