PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL - JJ vs. TAG 4-bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL - JJ vs. TAG 4-bet

Here's a hand I had while trying to do the Million Club Mission. Villain was fairly TAG, about 21/17 over the last 29 hands. They had tried to steal the previous hand, which led to my 3-bet. But I was scared of their 4-bet - could I have done something differently here?
    Bracelet Winner

try calling the raise not 3 betting. or folding to the 4 bet 100BB deep u never had odds to set mine with your JJ,

Comment

Hi Chris,

Definitely don't call this 4b, as kingkong said you don't have odds to set mine and that's basically what your plan must have been here since you check-folded one of the best non-jack flops for JJ.

If you think he's capable of 4-betting light, or 4-betting very aggressively with his value range (i.e. will 4b AK and some pairs smaller than JJ like tens and 9's), then 5-bet jam, otherwise just fold. If, as is the case with most TAG's at 2nl, he's only 4-betting monsters, then easy fold as that's basically QQ+.

Also seriously consider not 3-betting, he may be stealing some of the time but vs. a TAG they will just fold all their steals as well as some decent hands that JJ is crushing. Plus the BB is sitting with 70bb's so I assume is fishy, if they are loose or bad then flatting and inviting them into the pot instead of 3-betting and pushing them out may be preferable as well.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

i think the 4 bet also is quite big,(pot bets it) especially whe villain only bet *2.5 pre, i do this somtimes when im wanting you to shove not call.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.