PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed some value?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed some value?

I'm dealt Jd Jc on the button.

UTG limps in, I raise to 3.x (ay, should have been 4.x), the SB calls and the limper calls.

Flop comes Ah Kd Qs

Yikes.

Both opponents check and I check behind.

Turn comes 5h, a complete blank.

Again both opponents check, and I check again fearful of trappy play. I have no reads on these guys yet.

The river is Js

On the one hand yay. I now beat Ax, Kx and AK, all possible hands. Too bad it also completes the straight if one of them holds a 10.

They both check again, and I decide to check behind.

The limper mucks 3s 4c and the SB muck 7s 5s

Sure great hands to be limping/calling with...

But now for the question: I think it would have been an extremely thin value bet on the river, but was I wise to check behind and see a showdown, or should I have bet after it got checked around to me on every street...
    The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
    Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight

On the river I would make it around 2/3-3/4 pot. You're likely to get called be Ax/Kx/Qx combos, hell you might even get a call from some small-med PP's as well as the odd 5x hand. Easy fold if they raise though.
    Follow me on: Twitter

Comment

Hi Ov3rsight,

not betting flop and turn on this bad texture is fine against two opponents since there isn't really any worse you can get called by.

River is kind of interesting and I dont think there is much value here given they have checked all the way. What you could do is bet really tiny or small and hope for somebody to bluffraise or call with 2 pair/top pair even though it is unlikely they have that sort of hand given they checked to you 3 times.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.