PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL Zoom ThinValue? (I)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL Zoom ThinValue? (I)

Villain was 58/50, AF: 0.8 over a tiny sample of 12 hands. Flop FCB: 50%(5) Flop: Cbet though the board was a bit wet. Had 2 overcards and gutshot equity Turn: Cbet for value since we hit TP. Should have bet larger like $2.75. River: Flush draws and JT got there. Think when he minraises, he's got us beaten. Board's very coordinated. Was it still a good spot to bet for thin value? Perhaps from Jacks or worse 2 pairs (KJ, QJ). If not, should we check/call or check/fold?

I think you got it pretty much spot on in your overview Definately bet the the turn bigger imo, $2.75 sounds good although I think $3-$3.25 still gets paid imo. Also on the river I think your bet is perfect, he's calling with KJ/QJ/J9 probably even AJ. Once he raises though he has at least a ten so easy fold. Nice hand and well played umbup:
    Follow me on: Twitter

Comment

i dont get it. he is saying he had TJ or a back door flush . i think he bets bigger with a flush . getting 5-1 i think if it was good for a thin value bet i am calling there is he really raising TJ there so flush or nothing. u really like folding to min raises, maybe he had ATh i dont get the value bet there 4 card stright on board the flush draw got there . and that small bet was begging to get raised . and having seen u bet fold to min raises befor why not turn your hand into a bluff there it dont need to work often . the flush draw was there so it was not back door . i have been looking at alot of the hands u posted i really dont get your thinking. are u trying to sell poket Ts . i am stupid i guess i just dont get it
      Last edited by kingkong263; Sun Jan 06, 2013, 04:38 PM. Reason: looked at it again

Comment

I like betting bigger on the turn since it is such a coordinated board producing a lot of pair+draw combos that can call you down on the early streets.

On the river I think betting might be just a bit too thin even against the loosest and most passive opponents. Tx will be in villains range fairly often and when he calls flop + turn a xf should be absolutely fine.

You could probably argue a really small bet of like 1/4 pot since there aren't really any worse hands he could be turning into a bluff too often.
        Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.