PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL - AJo B v BTN: turn line?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 10NL - AJo B v BTN: turn line?

    Happy New Year PSO-ers! Hand#1 for 2013 Villain in 20/16/6 (92 hands) Steal 39% . is Flop call okay here? . on the Turn, do we call or raise all in? or maybe fold? What do we make of our opponents bet on the turn? and with only 27bb behind do we raise here to get value from draws? If we just call, are we planning to call the remaining on the river? or check behind?

  • #2
    Hi geoVARTA, happy new year to you too!

    I like preflop unless you specifically know that he doesnt fold to 3bets much.

    Since he has been fairly active in late position so far I would assume he opens a wide range OTB and thus will produce a lot of weaker hands on this flop and turn. He might be barreling turn with a lot of draws, pairs + draws and weaker Jx so I think calling is fine here looking to reevaluate things on the river.

    I dont like raising here since I feel it overrepresents our hand making our opponents continuing range much stronger, and it might actually fold out weaker hands or draws that we might get another street of value from on the river if we let him continue the aggression.
    Live Trainer



    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
      I like preflop unless you specifically know that he doesnt fold to 3bets much.
      Are you suggesting that you would 3bet AJo for value if he doesn't fold to 3bet enough?

      Originally posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
      I dont like raising here since I feel it overrepresents our hand making our opponents continuing range much stronger, and it might actually fold out weaker hands or draws that we might get another street of value from on the river if we let him continue the aggression.
      I was thinking that if we call turn and we plan to call his remaining short stack on a blank on the river, then we might as well get it in on the turn when he might still call us with drawing hands that would have otherwise c/f on the river.

      Is that a flaud line of thought considering stack sizes?

      Comment


      • #4
        I totally overlooked stacksizes here. In this case I think you are right and jamming turn is fine since he might call of with draws and pairs + draws.

        Regarding your first question: Yes - I would want to know he calls with enough worse to make the 3bet profitable and he only 4bets with a range I can read well so I know I can comfortably call or fold if he ships.
        Live Trainer



        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
          I totally overlooked stacksizes here. In this case I think you are right and jamming turn is fine since he might call of with draws and pairs + draws.
          umbup:

          Comment

          Working...
          X

          X Cookies Information

          We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.