PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet board facing overbet on turn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet board facing overbet on turn

edit: Pot sized, not overbet.

Sorry, this was on FT so the output won't work with the hand replayer.

Here is the hand:

Full Tilt Poker $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2045956
    The DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $2.31
    UTG+1: $0.72
    MP: $0.68
    Hero (CO): $0.96
    BTN: $1.26
    SB: $0.27
    BB: $2.71

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with Ks Kc
    3 folds, Hero raises to $0.05, 2 folds, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.11) 9d 6d 7d (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $0.07, BB calls $0.07

Turn: ($0.25) 9c (2 players)
    BB bets $0.25, Hero requests TIME, Hero folds

Notes:

- It's a shallow table hence the stack sizes.

- Villain is a TAG (16/12 over 50 or so hands).

In summary I just couldn't see what I was beating with a pot sized bet. So many draws got there, I thought it'd be best to fold.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by birdayy; Fri Dec 28, 2012, 08:54 AM.

Hi birdayy,

Interesting spot. I think from a TAG villain this line is mostly a value line, and certainly he can hold better hands like a made flush or some 9x (A9, J9s, T9s, 98s type hands). So folding is perfectly fine here imo. There is another possibility... he could hold a hand like TT-QQ that was looking for a safe turn card before committing more money, and now that he's got one is not going to allow AK or single diamonds to take a free river. (The 9 should look safe vs. the preflop raiser). If we feel like this could be happening a fair bit, the other option then is to call his turn bet, planning to fold to a river barrel, as he will usually check these worse hands to you on the river, and only bet again when he's got you beat. It's probably close either way. The only play I really don't like against this type of opponent is shoving the turn... as this is the type of player capable of bet/folding TT-QQ so it's hard to get called by too many worse hands but he'll clearly never fold better, so shoving value owns ourselves too much to be profitable imo. (Note: I'm somewhat discounting draws like the lone ace of diamonds, as this is not a common line a TAG takes on a draw).
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.