PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl Zoom - JJ OTB, Can I call a limp shove?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl Zoom - JJ OTB, Can I call a limp shove?

Gonna keep this one short and sweet...
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    The two players limp and I make a std iso raise to 5x. The initial limper then shoves. A limp shove is indicative of a really strong hand, so he's basically repping QQ+ AKs AKo against this range I can't make a profitable call however if you throw a few lower pairs such as TT and 99 then I have enough equity to make the call +EV. Any chance he's doing this with worse or are we always getting shown a premium if we make the call? Cheers Oliver umbup:
    Follow me on: Twitter

Hi Oliver,

I don't know. Stats?

Vs. a tight/nitty guy we have a really easy fold. Vs. a super loose aggro, there's plenty chance he's got worse in his range and I'd snap it in.

With no reads at all other than a random 61bb stacker, I reckon I'd take my chances here and give him a call. He doesn't need too many 99 or A4s spazzes for this to quickly become profitable.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Most times, I'd fold here.. Like u said, a limp shove is an indication of a "monster"?? and JJ dun play well against AA KK QQ, even AK AQ if any A K Q turns up on the board we're toast

Then again i'm a nit and i'd prob wait for another hand/opportunity to get the chips back n move on to the next

But with no stats and/or reads, it's a tough one...
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Agree it's a tough one. For me, I'll fold if it's 100bb effective stack, call if it's around 50bb

Comment

im prety polorized here, if im having a good day and up a few buy ins ill call, if im having a bad day ill fold:P

mind u somtimes if having a bad day ill tilt call, so im actually a bit triple range merging

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.