PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl Zoom - 33 UTG against unknown. Too aggressive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl Zoom - 33 UTG against unknown. Too aggressive?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Pre flop I make a std open from UTG and get called by a short stack in the BB. The flop comes down monotone hearts and he leads for a min bet, this is usually indicative of a draw so I decided to raise for value and protection and if he folds now I don't really mind. I raise to 6x total and he calls. The turn comes the 7d and he leads out really small again. I decided that he would definately play a heart draw like this especially if he held A6 or A8 I decided to raise again looking to check back nearly all rivers if he called. He did call and an 8 came on the river, he ships his last 58c and I even though I'm getting a really good price I don't think I beat any of his betting range so I folded. Did I play this okay, or was my flop and turn play too aggressive? Thanks Olvier umbup:
    Follow me on: Twitter

Hi Oliver,

I think it's too aggressive. You took a shot on the flop vs. a weak player making a weak lead, but he didn't fold, he called. He's going to have at worst a hand like top pair or a big flush draw here, and none of this is folding on the turn. Even though he bets kind of small again, I'm done with the hand here. He's just not folding. It's ok to give up imo.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.