PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL Zoom 2p Unraised Pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL Zoom 2p Unraised Pot

Villain 2 was 23/17, AF: 2.4 over 224 hands. He's a reg, I find him pretty much an ABC player who defends his blinds at times. Preflop: Could have raised the limper in position. Or perhaps not enter the pot given his shallow stack size. I decided to fastplay the 2 pairs on the Flop and we get Villain 2 flatting it. He could hold TPTK, overpair, 2 pairs, a set or a draw. Turn he raises us. I decided to shove for value, hope that it's not the worst decision of all here. Think if we flat, we're just setting up a River all-in situation. There're a number of undesirable River cards which'll put us on a tough spot. Given that he could hold 22, 99, TT, J8, is this still a spot to fast play or just fold our hand??
    Last edited by TheAwesomeNW; Thu Dec 20, 2012, 02:40 PM.

reg ABC player check raises and calls turn . my ABC read is J8 or maybe but i dont think 86

Comment

Hey Awesome

I think a pretty large mistake has been made pre-flop. Not isolating an under the gun limp here to something like 4x is going to be our best bet.

If we get limp re-raised, so be it. Those times we lose the pot and give something up, but we gain more by isolating to 4x in my opinion.

On the turn I think this would be a great fold and it is based on your read on the player. He isn't bluffing, he isn't semi-bluffing.

I think the worst hand he is doing this with is the same hand as you, and he has more hands that are crushing us, namely J8 and bottom set.

So I think playing our hand fast is a good idea in this flop situation, but we have some new information now that has come to light where we now think we don't have a profitable continue versus the turn check-raise.

It might be a good spot to bet the turn though, where, our opponent checks and calls with all worse hands and checks and raises all better hands.

Comment

Hey Awesome

I think a pretty large mistake has been made pre-flop. Not isolating an under the gun limp here to something like 4x is going to be our best bet.

If we get limp re-raised, so be it. Those times we lose the pot and give something up, but we gain more by isolating to 4x in my opinion.

On the turn I think this would be a great fold and it is based on your read on the player. He isn't bluffing, he isn't semi-bluffing.

I think the worst hand he is doing this with is the same hand as you, and he has more hands that are crushing us, namely J8 and bottom set.

So I think playing our hand fast is a good idea in this flop situation, but we have some new information now that has come to light where we now think we don't have a profitable continue versus the turn check-raise.

It might be a good spot to bet the turn though, where, our opponent checks and calls with all worse hands and checks and raises all better hands.

Comment

Noted guys. J8 FTW. Preflop was a mistake not raising. But glad I played flop and turn fine

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.