PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL - calling down with TPTK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL - calling down with TPTK

Hi, UTG is unknown. I ended up calling down here. Was this a bad line that I took? How would you have played the hand?

on river u had a bluff catcher . i dont think he was bluffing . i am thinking he had 88

Comment

Hey Geo Assuming we made a good three-bet, which, judging from our opponent's raise size we did, I think you played the hand pretty much perfectly. You would have to show me some more reads in the form of HUD stats or previous hands with this villain to indicate that this was not the best way to play this hand. Two things First, just calling has kept our opponent's range as wide, as is possible. So if they ever have bluffs, they have it in their bet/bet/bet range. Had we raised at any point postflop we could have shut out those AJ/KJ/AK possibilities as well as any random bluffs they could have had additionally. Second, we can beat hands that they would play this way for value, hands like QJ and KQ specifically, but potentially other hands as well. Again I don't know if this player is capable of donking out with QJ or KQ, but in the absence of any read or information I am assuming someone who has a utg frequency that calls a 6x three-bet oop and leads this flop, can some % of the time, do it with QJ/KQ/even Q9. So in just calling we have actually made sure that these hands have more confidence. Our hand really looks like JJ or AK or AT to a lot of hand readers at this level. On other rivers I would consider folding, but not this one. Well played umbup:

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.