PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL - AQ - Bad Call?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL - AQ - Bad Call?

Played this hand recently. The villain had literally JUST joined. In fact, that's what led to my call - I honestly believe that anyone who would shove with 80BB in a real cash game the moment they sat down will not have anything 90% of the time. That being said, is my line of thinking here correct?
    Bracelet Winner

The fact that he posted out of rotation indicates to me that he's not a serious player. I would struggle with a call but equally struggle to lay it down although in the end, I think the correct play is to call. If the player had sat out until he was on the BB, then I would have probably folded.
    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Hi Chris, Without reads I am just going to fold here. In my experience you can see some garbage hands here sure, but you can also see AK a lot or small pairs a lot as well. And I've seen players do this with KK because, who knows, bad players do things that make no sense all the time... maybe they just got bad beat on their last 3 tables and are tilt shoving any premium pre to try and avoid the pain of getting it cracked again. Once you have a read and know a guy is capable of this nonsense as wide as J7, then yeah I'm quite happy to snap it in at that point. umbup:
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X