PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

playing zoom tracker seems to stick no stats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing zoom tracker seems to stick no stats

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

hi kingkong,

I think the preflop call here is fine on this depth of money. I like to have reads in these spots generally so I know how this is going to be a profitable spot for me (will the villain stack off easy when I hit the hand hard? Check/give up when he misses? Can I take pots away on scary boards for his range? Etc.) But no problem certainly deep enough to call in position here.

On the flop I'm more inclined to take an aggressive line with a big draw that does not have showdown value as we can get better hands that have missed like AK/AQ to fold which is a great result, and we have lots of equity when we run into a big pair, so it's a nice semi-bluffing opportunity. In your case though I lean more towards calling the flop... the difference is we are beating AK/AQ with our pair, so raising only folds out the hands that have very poor equity against us anyway and gets continued action from hands that we're basically flipping against. As played though I would definitely call off to his shove. At this point there is 6.81 in the pot and we need to call 4.34 more so we need ~39% equity and we easily have this even if we include sets in his range. His range to 3b jam here should be 33, 77+, and big flush draws (ATh+, KQh). With our being ahead of the flush draws, and having flush+2pair+trip outs against the overpairs, we have the right price. Actually plugging that entire range into pokerstove I get that we have almost 46.5% equity, a nice overlay to call the shove.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.